Translate

Thursday, June 15, 2017

How Precious Time Is

You know every good bye always forms a new scar and a new memories, and it is also the marking of a new beginning which will lead to another good bye.

I just want to share a little of my story here. You know how hard it is for someone who just get out of their comfort zone and try new things. Not everyone can adapt to new environment and friends quickly, you can say that I am one of those people who find it difficult to interact with new environment. But, for the first time, I feel so confident of introducing myself to the new environment.

So I have this business class in my university, and it is simply the best class I have ever had in my life so far. I used to feel homesick, I always need to go back home at least once in 2 weeks last year. But things really changed as soon as I am in the Business 2E. They are my only reason to stay out of my home for more than a month. They are my greatest escape when life gets sour, they teach me how to make lemonade out of it.

When I first came here, many people said that Jakarta is such a wild place, a rude place full of rude and individualistic people. It turns out to be the opposite, and I truly find who myself truly are here. My classmates, who I always meet every single day for 9 months approximately, have always known how to support each other. They always there when I need them and so does the opposite. I feel something different in B2E. Many other classes are fighting against each other, compete their own classmates to win. But us? we help each other in order to win.

We stay solid while other class are making gap between each other to make themselves comfortable. The point is, B2E does have gaps but we're still able to blend when it comes to final projects, final exams. We always there to support each other because we feel like we're in this together. I'm not saying that other classes are bad or worse, I mean we all have a bad sides, and we just know how to overcome it, to maintain that bad things so it doesn't get bigger and reach the surface.

All I wish right now is that time could stop ticking for a while and let me enjoy being in this class a little longer. But I know that would be unfair for those who wish time to go faster. So For you, who always try to make time goes faster by wasting it for nothing useful, change! Time is a very important thing in life as it never comes back. We could never regain that last 1 second, it's just gone you know.

So, I just want to say, enjoy being with your friends, you best friends, or whoever you love while they are still around you, while you can still feel their presence. Because we do not know when will time say: "Okay, time's up, time to go to the next chapter and you gotta leave it all behind.".

For my friends, all of you in B2E, I could never thank enough for everything you have given to me through out this one unforgettable year. You all are part of my life and part of the best memories I have. After this, we are going to be separated in different classes, and I do hope we all get new great classmates. Literally, thanks! I could never ask for a better class, I mean it.

LESSON: Do not ever trust what people say unless you already face it with your very own body. You feel it, you learn it, you experience it, you judge it. Don't ever let yourself live in other people's opinion, for you have your own.

1 comment: