Translate

Saturday, June 11, 2016

许魏洲 ( Xu Wei Zhou )

I always find it hard to write his name in han zi, 许魏洲, yup it means "Xu Wei Zhou" or you can just call him Timmy Xu.


That is him, on one of his artworks for his debut album. His debut album is called "LIGHT" or "". I first knew him from iTunes, so there was a new promoted album on iTunes that time, with a red animated heart on its artwork, but I can't remember what was the title of that album. But whatever it was, I'm sure it was some kind of compilation album. Zhou" featured in it, but I did not know it him. All the name of the artists was in han zi, and I can only read basic han zi, so goodbye to those songs, that's what I thought. But, I tried to listen to one of em, which is called - after I find it on Google - "Walk Slowly" and damn...that song sounds like heaven, I immediately in love with that song, and I downloaded it straight away. And as always, I put that song on repeat. The second song that I downloaded is called "Because of the Sea", and it's also a beautiful song. 

You know I can't stand not to tell my family if there's a new good song, so I tell them, and they love it too! That's how I know Xu Wei Zhou for the very first time. You know, sometimes best things are those things that you least expect. I never thought of liking any Chinese song before, I just used to hate them so much. I hate how they try to combine traditional music instruments with the modern tunes, it just never fits somehow. But since that "Walk Slowly" I completely change my thought about Chinese songs. So I try to search for other Zhou"s songs, and I found "Dust", and "Moonlight". Both are great songs, but the time I searched for those songs, they were not yet to be found on iTunes or Spotify. So you can say I downloaded those two songs illegally. 

Aren't you curious about what the lyrics mean? That is a good question. I don't understand Chinese language that much, I only understand the basic. After I searched it on Google, the lyrics was clean, no need a parental advisory for children, so parents, after reading this, feel free to search those songs I wrote and listen to it like hundred times afterwards...you won't regret it.

The good news about Zhou" is, he's the only artist so far to be able to debut his song called "Toward the Bright Side" at #1 on both Billboard China V Chart and Top Chinese Radio. Now that's what I call best new comer. His single has been at #1 for 4 weeks consecutively, and he has won an award at China Billboard Music Award in April 2016. Today, Zhou" has been busy with his "LIGHT Asia Tour", this is one of its poster, which was meant for Beijing Tour stop.


Here are some songs I recommend you to download, first let me tell you that I'm not really into heavy metal or rock music.

1. I Remember Your Eyes
2. Towards the Bright Side
3. If Hai has Yin
4. Walk Slowly
5. Dust
6. Moonlight
And these are how his physical album looks like. Cool right?



And here are some artworks if you buy the deluxe album:






source: wattpad.com

The album so far is still limited, he only sells it in China, Japan and South Korea so far. But you can stream his song on Spotify and iTunes. But only few songs, not his full album. Don't forger to search for his songs or his name in han zi, like the one I wrote on the title of this post, otherwise you won't find it. Happy searching and streaming readers! Hope you enjoy his songs as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment