Translate

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

St. Aloysius BN - My Family and My Second Home

You know what? The first time I was about to get inside this school, I was forced. I did not want to go to St. Aloysius before, because people told me that this school is a school for those students who hate studying, who hate being lame, who love to show off, and I was being told that If I go to St. Aloysius, I wouldn't be whoever I was back then, I would change into someone worse. Because of those statements I didn't want to go to St. Aloysius back then, until distance had got my parents in love and had more interest in this school. I was crying that time, because most of my friends from Primary School were going to St. Angela. I hate to adapt, because I already knew how a student of St. Aloysius would look like. I had a best friend in TBI before, and they were so naughty for me that time, well maybe I was the one who was too lame and nerdy that time. Those kids made fun of me, they made fun of my parents until I did not wish to go to TBI anymore. So those are the reasons why I never thought of going to St. Aloysius back then.

The first time I went to the school was when I had test, around in October 2009 if I'm not mistaken. The teacher in charge to watch my class that time was Mrs. Erny, the history teacher of SMP. The first thing that came to my mind was: "Gosh, she looks so strict, let's not make any trouble with her, she can kick me out of her if she wants to.". Then, I got accepted, and for sure, my parents pushed me to St. Aloysius. Well I believe that it was going to be the best for me, what parents want the worst for their children anyway? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all. That's what I thought.

JHS/SMP

On July 12th, 2010, I took my very first step to SMP St. Alosyius BN, and I felt so cold. I did not know anyone that time, I was like a new born baby in this world the only thing that made me different than a baby was, I was more sinner than a baby. I went to SMP's field, and boy, that's a lot of crowd of strangers over there. Yup, those are my "best friends in disguise" looking at the classroom formation. I saw myself on 7E's list, with no one that I knew. I saw a name "Tjeng" and I was like, oh my God what a weird name. It was a hard 3 days of orientation, really. I only knew Della, Monica Ichi and Bernard, and no one else. Let's just skip the orientation or this shall never finish.

When I was in 7E, in the beginning I only knew Raynaldi, and soon I knew Grace, Raymond, Angga, and many more. Time flies by, and there I was being bullied by most of my classmates, they hid my belongings, they hid my book, and Tjeng broke 2 pencils in one week that time because he threw my pencil case across the room. He was going to pass that to Ryan, but he did not catch, darn. Thankfully, as time went by, I could show them that I was worthy here, I got mad, upset but never showed it. I showed it through my scores. I got a lot 90s in 7th grade, well except for Math and Physics, they were always bouncing around 70s. So I got friends from that. I helped those who bullied me, I kept on making friends even I was the one who always got bullied. So, that was 7 grade.

This is 7E, it really does not look as how it was actually.

8th grade. I was in 8E, Miss Nia was my homeroom teacher. She always defended me whenever Tjeng bullied me. Well at least he was better than the one when he was on 7th grade. He became kind to me, and we started to get close to each other. He became so kind, he helped on my Math and well, you can read my post about him. I have posted it before. I starting to make a lot more friends in 8E, and it turned out, 8E is the best class that I have even until today. 8E was so great and kind to me, there were no more bullies for me. That time had over. 

Yup, even when it was time for the class photoshoot, Tjeng made fun of my hair. You can look there's a fringe on my face. That definitely was not my hairstyle, he made it look that way. And that's a smile on my face that pictured how happy and thankful I was being put in 8E with those amazing friends. They are my friends who help me to stand tall even until today. Most of my besties today are from 8E.



9th grade. I was in 9E, I had one of the best Homeroom teacher until today, yes Sir Martin, or I would prefer to call him daddy. He's a hilarious and open-minded kind of person. I admire him a lot. He speaks the truth, he is creative and I can speak English this fluent because of him. You know, I got a lot of 20s and 30s on my English test. I did not why or how, I mean I had learnt everything I could. I just felt like I could do it, yet the scores said the opposite. He gave me remedials, yup I had to redo the test 3-5 times, or I have to make my own 150 problems alongside the answers. But those what made me tougher and smarter. Without those, without 20s and 30s, maybe I wouldn't be able to speak English this fluently. So learn from your mistake, I mean, learn it, do it well, and keep in mind whatever you think you need to memorize more. The more you don't like it, the more you have to face it, until you feel like you're able to face your greatest fear. That's my key of success. 

When I was 9th grade, it was my first time to be able to get in the biggest 5, and I felt so proud. Because that's my efforts, my own efforts without cheating. No matter how bad I got, I always feel thankful. If you get bad marks, it means you have to try harder. If you get good marks, it means that you have to try even harder to keep it that way. 

Then after facing the insane moments of School Finals and National Examinations, we all graduated from Junior High School. 


SHS/SMA

It was all started with orientation as always. There were few terms and conditions to be able to pass the orientation. We had to get 9 signatures from Tatib, had full signatures of our own class members, get at least 10 signatures of other classes' friends, 10 teachers signatures and 10 from the other OSIS member, including the leader of the Orientation program which was the hardest to get. The orientation was more strict than JHS, it was more like preparing yourself to survive in SMA St. Aloysius. It taught how to be responsible, discipline, honest, caring, kind, and respectful to one another. And it really helped actually, because those are what you need in order to get through this school. You have to be strict to yourself, yet caring to other people. The orientation lasts for 3 days, and it was a really tiring 3 days, I got backache afterwards. But it was one of the greatest memory of High School that I have.





10th Grade. I was in 10A, Mrs. Sisil was my homeroom teacher. She's a physics teacher and I did really I could get more on Physics score. It really did, she taught me well, and the way she teaches made easier to understand 10th grade physics. I got a lot of 80s back then. In the end of 1st semester I got on 10th biggest from 98 students and I was so proud of it. It was my biggest achievement. I had a great friends in 10A, we were laughing, being crazy together. I felt the togetherness just like 8E, but still 8E is the best. I felt how it feels when you're in high school. It was crazier but happier than JHS. I felt that 1 year was not enough being with 10A, I still wanted more, but of course I can't. 



See? We were crazy and happy :) I remember singing Taylor Swift songs with some of my classmates when Music Lesson.

11th Grade. I was in 11B, and also feeling thankful that I was put in that class. It was a whole lot different feelings than when I was in 10A. It was crazier and more noisy. I had this one interesting lesson called Theater Class. So we were taught how to act, how to express ourselves through a drama. The monologue session however is the one that I hate the most even until now. But it was very useful for 12th grade. Oh, and I had one of the best homeroom teacher also, she's Miss Emilia, or we call her mommy, or, miss Lia. She's an amazing homeroom teacher, she cares about her class and every single one of us so much, she's warm, she didn't look at her class as a class, but as her family. She really knows how to make us one, how to unite us as 11B that time. She even got invited to our class group in Line, and she joined it.

Every time before Mid Semester Test or Finals, we always prayed together in a circle in front of the class. I could really feel the togetherness every time we did that. We would pray for the best for all of us, not a good score, but the best for us. I had such a bitter time when it comes to Physics results, it was always the worst of all the lessons. And Miss Lia knew how to deal with that, and as the result, my Physics score got better and better. Homeroom teacher are being put as a homeroom teacher because they are trusted to handle a class, that means they're responsible for everything that happens in the class, they're responsible for their students, and the most important things is, they have to be able to become as the second parents for the students. You know what parents do? Yes, defend their children when they need defense, when they did something right but everyone else did not believe that. 

We can't always remember our togetherness, so we decided to take pictures in a photography studio. Unluckily, not everyone in the class were able to attend that photo session.
And here are some highlights that shows how our togetherness in a year. Those were all amazing time that I had with 11B. We did not spend our togetherness in the class, but also outside the class. We rode bicycle, watched movies together, and just be crazy together.
And to mark how close we were to our homeroom teacher, here are some highlights. Hope you can spot which one is our homeroom teacher. I bet you can't, so I put my own photo with her. Yup, that's her.
And a year ago, in June 21st 2015, my class won the 1st place for presenting some kind of musical poem in Aloysius 85th Anniversary celebration. I did not expect that.
And that's us with mommy and daddy. Both of my best homeroom teachers are going crazy everytime they are in front of cameras, and they both are english teachers, what a coincidence. And here are some of our photos with the other teachers.

Then finally came my last year of being in St. Aloysius. Yup, 12th grade, I was in 12B with Mrs. Maria as my homeroom teacher. If I rank it, 12B is at #2 as the best class I've ever had. The great thing about being in 12B was that, we could hang out quickly and certainly, without having any doubt about hanging out together. I did a lot of things with this class, and better than 11B to be honest. The amazing thing was, all the teachers of 12th grader could really show us how to be the real 12th grader. Yup, you gotta to run and never walk, once you walk you will never able to catch the other. Ever since the beginning of 12th grade, we were all given a lot of stencils and notes and exercises, a lot more than we had in 10th grade or 11th grade. 

Everything was basically more serious and complicated. And it was all happening really fast, every single day of 12th grade went really fast. My day was filled with homework and tasks and deadlines. Especially in the 2nd semester of 12th grade, you really couldn't catch your breath. That was insane, there were a lot of tasks to be done while you were given new tasks with new deadlines. It was like those tasks were eternal, they kept on coming and coming, just like your mother's love, yes, immortal. We had to focus on the exams while we also had to catch the deadlines of our tasks. 

The special thing about being in St. Aloysius is that, when you're a 12th grader, then you'll be given a practicum tasks, whether physics, biology or chemistry. I had to do some kind of research about something involving biology, chemistry and physics. I was, as always, unfortunate. I got a really hard and complicated practicum research for those 3 kinds of practicums. We, 12th grader, had to make thesis from those researches. Insane? Oh you have not know how terrible and complicated it was when it came to revisions. 'twas like we did it correctly a week ago, but today, we got blamed for what was called correct a week ago. It was confusing, but that's what made us tough and ready to deal with the university life. We only slept for 3-4 hours when it came to a day before the presentation of our research. Because everything has to be well prepared, and if you are unlucky, your friends or the teachers in charge will "kill" you with questions that you can barely answer. That's why you have to prepare for the worst, you have to be really careful on whatever you're gonna say. Sometimes the right thing can become wrong and deadly if you're incorrect saying it.

Despite those craziness and busyness of 12th grade, we also found way to enjoy it when we had spare time. Here are some highlights:
Since 12th grade means we're not gonna meet our teachers again, therefore, here are some of our photos with the teachers.
And finally came for us to graduate from this amazing school. It was the saddest and also happiest and proudest moment in my life. I mean, I did not think of going to this school 6 years ago at the first place. I even hated it, I got bullied, I had no friends, I met a bunch of strangers at the very beginning of everything, it was just hard to accept the fact that I was in Aloysius 6 years ago. But today, I had a lot of uncountable memories with my friends, my best friends and the teachers. I could never imagine, I would crafted most of my individuality in St. Aloysius. It's amazing what God can do to you. You may hate someone or something so much, but maybe 6 years later, you are completely in love and unable to move on easily from that thing that you used to hate the most. Sometimes the best comes from the unexpected things, just don't believe in what others are saying before you truly face it yourself. And always be thankful to what you have, to what you're going to face, there are always ways to deal with it, to solve it, if you try, if you give your bestest efforts, then you have actually won. Results never ever ever ever lie.

I want to say thank you to all my friends and my teachers who I call my second family in this world. Thanks for taking parts in my life, for teaching me something that no one can steal it, yes friendships and skills. No one can pay for experiences, and I feel lucky to have a lot of new experiences with y'all. You are God given gifts for me, and always will be like that. I may not be someone that I am today when I meet you again, but I promise, that I will not change that no one can not recognize me. I will change into someone better, not worse. And I'm gonna use everything that St. Aloysius has given to me as the foundation to build a brighter future of mine. I hope that God would allow me to do those stuffs I want to do, some are impossible, but there are no such things as "impossible" in God's dictionary. If you have faith, you can make everything comes true, everything. :)














No comments:

Post a Comment