Translate

Friday, June 10, 2016

The Power of Music

You know I love music so much, it's like music is my life. Music has always been so good to me ever since I was a kid. My parents really loved listening to music, so back then I used to listen to F4, Chicago, The Corrs, Westlife, and other oldies so much. My parents kept on playing it over and over again, until those songs stuck in my head, even until now. So everytime they play those old songs again today, I always remember my childhood somehow.

I started loving listening to music since 2010. I only had Destiny's Child, The Corrs and Westlife in my music library. If I listen to "My Love" by Westlife or "It's Hard to Say I'm Sorry" by Chicago, somehow I can remember all little details when I graduated from Primary School, I remember the last camping with my old friends, I even remember what they were saying to me. It's amazing how music can bring you back to the moment that song was #1 in your head. It can remind you every little detail that you have forgotten, that's the reason I love music.

Music is somehow encouraging, giving people support, loves, and filling their emptiness in heart. That is also why, I have this thing called "Songs of the Month" on my playlist (phones, iTunes, Spotify). So, for me, music is very precious. I'll think twice or three times before finally deciding to remove em from my music library. Well most of the times, I failed that. So I often end up keeping those songs in my library, and that's a problem. My SD Card memory is getting bigger, means that I have to decrease it or else I won't be able to save new songs, which is more nightmare. For me, new songs are like the new generations to keep "Song of the Month" going.

I started the "Song of the Month" playlist in April 2013. What I mean "of the month" is not always songs that was a hit on that month. It's not always updated music, sometimes, it could be a song from 1990, Vision of Love by Mariah Carey for example. I put that song in January 2014 because that song popped up in my head like hundred times in the end of January 2014. So everytime I listen to that song now, I can remember going to the village to do school's task, which was called "Live In". I could remember the house, the family, the surroundings, the foods, and what I did back then. It's really amazing.

Here are some examples of the strongest "Song of the Month" from 2013-today:

Songs of April 2013:

  • Irreplaceable - Beyonce
  • Blown Away - Carrie Underwood
  • Heart Attack - Demi Lovato
  • People Like Us - Kelly Clarkson
  • That's the Way It Is - Celine Dion
Songs of March 2014:
  • Emotions - Mariah Carey
  • Burn - Ellie Goulding
  • Butterfly - Mariah Carey
  • Let It Go - Idina Menzel
Songs of February 2015:
  • Heartbeat Song - Kelly Clarkson
  • Can I Have This Dance? - HSM 3
  • Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
  • This Moment - Katy Perry
  • Masterpiece - Jessie J
Songs of March 2016:
  • One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey feat. Boyz II Men
  • I Do What I Like - The Corrs
  • Piece by Piece - Kelly Clarkson
  • Hymn For The Weekend - Coldplay feat. Beyonce
  • Walk Slowly - Xu Wei Zhou
See? The songs are not always a song which was released that year or that moment. Mariah's Emotions are from 1991, but that song was in my head from like 12 days in March 2014. I really love making the new list every new month. I always get excited like, what's gonna be the lead song? what kind of memories are going to be kept on that song of the month...that's why every month is like opening new page for me. It's always been giving me that interest to make new experiences so that I can make new memories. So when sometimes in the future I feel like missing those memories, I just need to hit my playlist and play the song, and I can memorize everything. 







No comments:

Post a Comment