Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Mariah Carey

Now I'm gonna talk about Mariah Carey on this post.

Who doesn't know Mariah Carey? Ok, nobody, everyone knows her, at least her name, or sometimes her face but they don't know who she is. That's still count as "knows Mariah Carey".
So I've been loving her songs since 2013, in 2012 I have tried listening to her song "Almost Home" but time said "The song is a trash, throw it away." so I did not like the song nor did I like Mariah that time. Oh boy, I did not know how blind I was! Her songs are real and it sounds like heaven to my ears. She has a tremendous voice that no one has it. She can reaches up to 5 octaves, isn't that crazy? Mariah also has 18 #1 singles in US, that includes "One Sweet Day" featuring Boyz II Men which is the longest running #1 ever charted on Billboard Hot 100, yup, 16 consecutive weeks people! Also, she has 2 songs of the decades, those are "One Sweet Day" (Songs of the 1990s) and "We Belong Together" (Songs of the 2000s). Only she can achieve that, and I don't wish anybody else can defeat that, she's a legend.

The first song that I downloaded after "Almost Home" - so I gave Mariah another chance to make me in love with her in 2013 - was "Hero", my best friend Ruth recommended it to me. Gosh! That song is heaven! The first time I listened to it, I fell in love with it immediately. After that song, I kept on searching other songs, until today. The songs that came after "Hero" were: I Still Believe, When You Believe (feat. Whitney Houston), Dreamlover, We Belong Together, Without You, and Always Be My Baby. I started liking her songs, and I downloded "All I Want For Christmas Is You" in December 2013, and that song had such a great impact on my Christmas celebration that year. It was so festive.

Why I love her songs? First, she has a beautiful voice. Second, her songs always soothe me no matter what the situation is. You know, yesterday when I got my teeth removed, I listened to her songs when my teeth was being removed. Third, her songs contain hope, even when it is about heartbroken, or losing someone because they have passed away. Her lyrics encourage people, for example: Hero, I Still Believe, Always Be My Baby. Oh, and she teaches me how to deal with the fear that I have, and how to believe in my faith through her song "When You Believe". The lyrics

"They don't always happen when you ask, and it's easy to give in to your fear. But when you blinded your fear can't see the way clear through the rain, small but still resilient voice, says help is very near! There can be miracles when you believe!" 

has totally changed me. It's incredible. And that miracle really happened to me 2 years ago in 2014, I'm not gonna tell you what was it about, but really I was really speechless with how it could happen, it's amazing! So those are the reasons I love her songs and her personality so much. It's rare nowadays to hear songs which contains meaningful lyrics without explicit content. Through Mariah's songs, I learn something that I haven't learned previously, and it is amazing how she can change my point of view and how I think through her music. I only wish Mariah's songs would be heard over and over again through out decades, They're always worth listening!

Here are Mariah Carey 18 #1 singles:

1. Vision of Love
2. Love Takes Time
3. I Don't Wanna Cry
4. Someday
5. Emotions
6. Dreamlover
7. Hero
8. Fantasy
9. One Sweet Day (feat. Boyz II Men)
10. Always Be My Baby
11. Honey
12. Heartbreaker (feat. Jay Z)
13. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe and '98 Degrees)
14. We Belong Together
15. Don't Forget About Us
16. Touch My Body
17. I'll Be There (feat. Trey Lorenz)
18. My All

Above is the picture of Mariah Carey from 1990s until 2016. (3 Decades)

No comments:

Post a Comment