Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

THE CORRS



Okay is there anybody who doesn't know The Corrs? Great, I'm here to tell you even more. The Corrs is an Irish family band, consists of: Andrea Jane Corr (Lead Vocal, Tin Whistle), Caroline Georgina Corr (Drummer, Back Vocal, Piano, Bodhran, Percussions), Sharon Helga Corr (Violin, Keyboard, Back Vocal), and Stephen Ignatius "Jim" Corr (Guitar, Piano, Keyboard). They have been in music indurstry since 1990. I know them because my father bought their disc "In Blue" back then in 2001. I fell in love with their song "Breathless", and "Somebody for Someone" at first.

Here are The Corrs Albums:

1. Forgiven, Not Forgotten (1995)
2. Talk On Corners (1997)
3. MTV Unplugged (1999)
4. In Blue (2000)
5. The Best of The Corrs (2001)
6. Borrowed Heaven (2004)
7. Home (2005)
8. Dreams: The Ultimate Corrs Collections
9. White Light (2015)

My favorite albums are: Talk On Corners, Unplugged, In Blue, The Best of The Corrs, Home, and White Light. For me those albums are great, and I love their album artwork so much. The Corrs was in hiatus from 2006-2015. And they made their comeback in 2015, around September to be exact. They made their debut performance after 10 years not hitting the stage in Hyde Park during BBC Radio 2's Party in the Park 2015. They brought out "Breathless", "Dreams", "Runaway", "Radio", and "Toss the Feathers", and it was an awesome performance! I mean, 10 years is a very long period of time, and they were still able to amaze all the fans with their burning performance. 


Source: youtube.com

That is them, performing their famous single "Breathless" live at Hyde Park, London, 2015.

You know, when I was in Junior High School, my friends mocked me because I put The Corrs picture everywhere (my BBM Profile Pic, My Twitter header and profile pic, my facebook, just every social media). I love them so much tbh, they are amazing and one of a kind. I mean, what band put violin, bodran and tin whistle together? That's right people, no band put them together. It's amazing how The Corrs can make their tradition irish songs become famous all over the world from their album "Home" and from every instrumental songs that they put in every of their albums. Those instrumental songs are: Toss the Feathers, Haste to the Wedding, Old Hag, Rebel Heart, Lough Erin Shore, Carraroe Jig, Minstrel Boy, Silver Strand, and Gerry's Reel. 

The Corrs lost their mother in 1999 (Jean Corr, their mother suffered from Lung Cancer), and they wrote song called "No More Cry" which is meant for their father. So that their father, Gerry Corr can break free from his grief. That's so sweet isn't it? 
Then in 2015, they lost their beloved father, Gerry Corr. This is also the reason of their comeback in 2015. 
Above: The Corrs during their father, Gerry Corr, funeral ceremony. Credit to its owner.
And this is the picture of their mom and dad (Jean and Gerry Corr). Credit to its owner.

I can see how much they are loving each other as a family, and that's another reason why I love The Corrs so much. They can keep close to each other during their busy time working as a group band.
So far, their highest achievements are Talk On Corners (1997) and In Blue (2000). Talk on Corners gained the most platinum certifications than other albums, while In Blue gained the most #1 (in 12 countries) on music chart. 

The Corrs 10 famous singles are:

1. Runaway
2. Breathless
3. Radio
4. Dreams
5. What Can I Do?
6. So Young (Tin Tin Out Remix)
7. Summer Sunshine
8. Only When I Sleep
9. Would You Be Happier?
10. Toss the Feathers.

If people listen to those songs, they will immediately recognise that those are The Corrs'. You know, I was such a "The Corrs Mascot" back then when I was in JHS, it was like everytime people mention anything about Ireland or The Corrs, I would become the first person who came to my friends' mind. Amazing isn't it? I know.....
This is not enough, I will post about them even more! 
Enjoy listening to The Corrs songs people....









No comments:

Post a Comment