Translate

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Bandung

This post is going to be about my hometown, Bandung. 

As well all know, Bandung is located in West Java, Indonesia, and it's surrounded by mountains. So we can conclude that Bandung is cold, and if you see it from the sky, Bandung looks like it's actually located inside a pot. 


Beautiful? of course, it's my hometown, I live here, so it's gotta be beautiful. For me, Bandung is the most ideal city to live, if you're in Indonesia. Why not Jakarta? Because, Jakarta is crowded, you'll find people everywhere, and if you're unlucky, you'll be able to park your car without getting any charge while you're on the road (a.k.a traffic jam). Jakarta is also hot, much hotter than Bandung, with polution everywhere, just really uncomfortable. But in Bandung, oh well, it's much cooler, and you'll still able to find woods, enormous trees, blue skies and mountains. You know there's this one incredible peak, it's called "Tebing Keraton", here's the picture of that place:

source: pinterest, credit to its owner.

That's not me on the last photo, that's someone else. So that's how Tebing Keraton looks like people. Amazing? I know, since this is my city so it's gotta be amazing. You'll find nowhere like that in Indonesia, well unless you're in Papua, you're not gonna find anywhere else like this.

Here are some highlights where you can (or you ought to) visit if you're in Bandung:

1. Jalan Asia Afrika at Saturday Night

I know, what you're thinking. No, that's not the street in Netherlands or Paris, those are in Bandung, Indonesia.

2. Gedung Sate

source: febbytan.com
source: plus.google.com

Yeah, I know it does look like The White House. So Gedung Sate is one of the most iconic building in Bandung. It's the place where the governor, and province government work, and it is also a useful place if the President comes. I really recommend this place.

3. Trans Studio Bandung
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUKC8wTcUb4
source: http://ksmtour.com/media/images/articles8/trans-studio-bandung-jawa-barat.jpg
source: http://www.transstudiobandung.com/english/images/sitemap.jpg

The last picture is the official map of Trans Studio Bandung. For parents, I know that TSB is located exactly beside the TSM (Trans Studio Mall), and The Trans Hotel. I know what you're thinking parents, but DO NOT leave your children alone in TSB. It's larger than you think, and there are many things in there that are dangerous, or in other words your children still need "Parental Guidance". 

4. Floating Market

You can try the water ride, or feeding the rabbits, those things are fun! You can also buy foods, from light meals to main courses, those are all available, and not as expensive as you think. Enjoy the cool fresh air, and the scenery people! 

5. Paris Van Java Mall
source: tripadvisor

Yes, just like its name, PVJ does bring you to Paris. But once again, you're still in Bandung, Indonesia. There are a lot of interesting shops that you can visit there: Sogo (I know it's everywhere, since you're in Indonesia, the price must be cheaper then...), Blitz Megaplex, Apple Store, J.CO, Starbucks, Garden Ice, Game Mazter, Celebrity Fitness, Swatch, and so much more. If I go there, I would spend the whole day just walking around in PVJ. It really is an interesting mall to walk on.

6. CiWalk (Cihampelas Walk)

source: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjUFoPDokQbpKB0rBWr_Ta5n0H5E3g8SJ9gEsvVtq0yDkMwXtaSV8LOyamptCOShK6QJh1e1nEHCtBWsNtiABiDHOQQwmCXw26H0ICU1ry0LRVSlVtgNvjdZNEBaWf9zzW4ouk96S07Y8ew/s1600/DSC_3488.JPG

If you visit CiWalk earlier (9 o'clock AM) you can enjoy the real fresh air of Bandung, and how fresh the scenery around you. Really, those two are Bandung Custom. And if you go there at night, especially saturday night, you'll find how a night life in Bandung actually is. You know, it's really fun how you can walk outdoor at night with your friends or family or someone that you love right? Try ciwalk people...

7. Jalan Braga
source: sebandung.com

8. Sudirman Food Market
source: letsgoeat.info

Sudirman Food Market is one of the greatest place in Bandung to enjoy nightlife. Not nightlife in the bad way, I mean nightlife in the good way. There are no DJs in this place, but you'll find so many foods, especially Chinese foods which contain porks. So if you are moslems, try to pick the food carefully. But most of em are Halal, so don't worry. You know, I have cholesterol and everytime I go to this place, I always find it hard to avoid pork. That's the life of a teenage boy with cholesterol who lives in Bandung.

9. Cathedral Church (St. Peter)
source: http://world-adventurer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Bandung-Cathedral-Interior.jpg

I'm a Catholic, and I do really love going to this church. I enjoy going to morning mass on Sunday morning, the cold morning air of Bandung really soothe me up while the mass is being run.

10. Cafes

I know this sounds silly, because you can find Cafe everywhere. But since this is Bandung, then it's gotta be different. Here are some Cafes that worth the try:

  • Hummingbird Cafe
  • Beehive Cafe
  • Noah's Barn
  • Two CentsSource: http:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj59VlSV_tz-I9IyKoMVAV4Bc9Cnf3nXe1Xw4bjLGbpOTNb25f4T1cVb7dJwUpkOzhyphenhyphen1qQ7fjmDtWNhvVUXSdGSGyysGQmpGeC-AVYbZ8QpEuT-jLefnRG2xvqH9WN0Qjj38Wwtz0ImlHlR/s1600/RSN_2745.JPG
  • Miss Bee
  • The Valleysource: www.kaskus.co.idsource: www.vacationbaliindonesia.com
If you're a romantic kind of person, then The Valley would be perfect for you, you know if you feel like it's the right time to pop the question up....I know it's quite expensive, but believe me it's worth it.

I guess that's all I can give you on this post. I'll post some others later....so, visit Bandung 2016! 

No comments:

Post a Comment