Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Reading

Who likes reading? Me neither. But at least I've been trying to read a book. Sometimes efforts are bigger than hobbies, so I consider myself love reading books. You know, when I read books, I can't always put my mind on what I'm reading. I get distracted a lot while I'm reading a book, there's my little brother who always asks me what I'm reading, my phone which always, somehow, give me that lust to look at it, and sometimes I think about my high school memories as well. This is insane, I mean, I keep on reading, my eyes are reading those words but my mind is far far away from what the book is telling me. That's the specialty of being me, I can think of something else while I'm doing things, and the results usually better than when I'm concentrating to what I'm doing.

Sometimes every single words on that books are just like ants forming to get some sugar in the kitchen, that's when I get bored. So I stop, and then look at my phone - which can't stop ringing - and end up not reading my book again. And it gets worse when I forget to put a bookmark on the very last page that I read. I have to take a look at what page I was on. After I search and search and search, I finally tell myself: "Oh, this is the page. You haven't read this!". So I read those paragraphs, and in the middle of a chapter my mind tell me: "wait, you have read this, gosh! you have! you are completely wasting your time!". That happens every single time I forgot to put the bookmark.

Luckily, now, I have this one amazing book called "Seriously...I'm Kidding" by Ellen Degeneres. I never stop laughing every 3 minutes when I'm reading her book, and I am always able to put all my mind on the words she's written on that book, I'm not promoting her book as I am not paid for saying this, but her book is amazing and hilarious. I have found a lot of lessons and also thing to laugh at, and now I have that one reason to be a happy person. Usually when you read books, you always get so serious, perhaps too serious. It's not good for your health, and based on the fact, the less you laugh or smile, the less you will live in world. Well I don't trust that statement either. You know, my great grandmother was such a strict person, she was a stubborn, if she lived today as a young lady, many people would hate her. That's what made her live that long. There's a statement "the more evil a person is, the longer they live", well I agree with that. Good people are easily dead, well except Queen Elizabeth II, she lives as a good person and she lives so long, and I hope she can still lives until I have children. So I can have an example that it's not that bad being a good person. Because if you are a good person nowadays, a truly one, you won't stand a chance. This world is way too cruel for the good people. Why am I writing this on the post about reading anyway? You shouldn't have read it, I shouldn't have written it, and I keep on writing this.

Anyway.........if you don't like reading, try reading one, or if you still don't like it try Ellen's books. Still don't like it? Just keep on reading my posts then.

No comments:

Post a Comment