Translate

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Meeting New People

So just now, I've just met new friends that's gonna be my friends in university. We made our first gathering today, and today was such a great day. I thought it was going to be awkward and corny, but it turned out to be a little bit awkward but not corny at all. Of course it was awkward, we've never met face to face before, we've only met via line and then that's it. So today marked as our first day knowing each other's faces. I haven't really interact with new friends for like 2 years, ever since I stopped TBI - the English course - I've never really interact with new friends. Thankfully I did not forget how to say hi for the first time to new people.

The problem is, I cannot remember all their names, but I know their faces if I meet them. The way we talked was like:

A: Hi, you're B right?
B: Yes! You must be A.
A: Yeah, Hi...
silence of the lamb
B: Okay shall we take a seat? Where do we seat anyway?
A: Let's find a big space shall we?
B: yeah that's a great idea.
another silence of the lamb while walking towards our seating place
B: So you're from S*** 1 right?
A: Yeah, I am. You're from A***?
B: Yes.

and then that's it. It was like every one of us tried our best to find topics to talk about at first. But after we chatted for a while, we could get used to one another. Well just some pauses between a conversation, thinking what we could say after this. It was a complete awkward for me, every time I paused. I've always got what to to talk about for 2 years, this is finally the first time in 2 years I have to think about what should be talked about. Usually I talked about
"Hey how's your math homework? have you done page 137? Gosh It's so hard to do no. 2a, can you do it?"
or
"Gosh! that physics test was hard as hell, how many number did you finish? 2 of 5? okay at least I could do all."
or
"How many have you got for chemistry test? 57? ooh  me too!!"
or
"Can we go to the mall this Friday? oh yeah, I forgot, we've got revisions to do, okay never mind."

It was all that crazy and same stuffs I always talked about with my school friends. Those were like a daily conversations we had, about test results, lessons, materials we didn't understand, a plan for hanging out, or whether we're going to the chemistry course that day or not. Anyway, my path and my instagram are now full of bunch of new friends. The dark side is, my world is getting smaller. What a day. I do really hope I have more topic to talk about later if I meet them again. They made a great first impression I must say.

For you who have not met your university friends yet, let me tell you a thing: Find as many interesting nowadays topic as you can while there's still a chance. You don't wanna know how awkward a pause between a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment