Translate

Monday, July 11, 2016

A Trip to Malang - Part 2

Since I was very very busy with travelling recently and a lack of wifi, I can't post a lot of posts like I used to. So, here's another post about my trip to Malang few weeks ago. This time, I'm going to tell you about the culinary of Malang, the hotel, and my trip to Jatim Park 2 and also Eco Green. Excited? Yes? great. However the picture that I post - which I took it myself - look much cooler and better when you see it with your own eyes in real life. Don't trust what others are saying before you do see or feel it yourself. Life is full of liars, so readers, another quotes for today, "Think before you trust." I know some of my readers are from the US, UK, and Australia, you guys should know that there are places to go in Indonesia before you die. Happy reading!

2. Jatim Park 2 (Batu Secret Zoo and Eco Green Park)

So 2nd Jatim Park or Park of East Java 2 in English, is much cooler and bigger than the first one. Well of course, it's the 2nd, it's gotta be better than the previous one. Another lesson for today readers, "Learn from the past for a better future.", that's Jatim Park. The owner and management have learned a lot of things I guess from the 1st Jatim Park, thankfully God gave them another chance to build something better. Just imagine if He had not, yup I wouldn't be able to write this post and y'all should never know how great it was being in the 2nd Jatim Park. In the Batu Secret Zoo, I met Kion, Dory, Nemo, Marlin, and Bagheera. I also met Franklin, Beever and many other artists. Here are the proves:
Nemo: "Dad, where 's Dory?"
Marlin: "I don't know son."
Nemo: "And who's that taking our picture?"
Marlin: "That's a paparazzi kid, forget him. Let's find Dory!"
Nemo: "Oh there she is!"
Dory; "What? What? What y'all lookin at? Where am I? Who am I?...Oh hi Nemo!"
And that's the extended version of Finding Dory, they filmed it in Indonesia. Ellen, you should tell people this truth. So I found Dory, Nemo and Marlin in the Aquarium Route. It's a cool room, it's dark with lamps only found inside the aquarium, so you can see the fishes and all the sea plants very clearly this way. This is how it looks like.
This next route, is where you will find a lot of reptiles such as snakes, geckos, and crocodiles. I kinda hate this site, really, I mean it. Because it was darker than the one shown in this photo, and there were a lot of artificial plants and trees along the way. I mean, can you imagine what if there was a snake escaping from their cage and they hided between those bushy leaves, wouldn't it be scary as hell? I could've died bitten by a snake. Thankfully I didn't find one. But for reptiles lover, you will find this place quite interesting, and even if you're not a reptile lover - like me - you have to pass this "temptation route" or you shall forever be locked in Batu Secret Zoo, because they only made 1 exit and 1 entrance.
After that, you will find a short route which shown bugs. My friends used to collect this kind of things when I was in Primary School. They should've sold it, it really has a high price if you want to know. So, on this route you will see many various of bugs and its Latin name, great idea for teachers to give their students a biology assignments during a long holiday, woops.
And here is the closer look to one of the bugs. There were two bugs that seemed like they were fighting. Not pretty sure though, whether they were fighting or actually getting married.
Next, there's some kind of little Africa in Indonesia. Unfortunately I didn't take the picture of it, because my phone's battery was low, and I couldn't find where my portable charger was. Let me just describe it to you, so along this way like it is shown below, you'll see Zebras, Tigers and Lions resting, napping, eating, or just walking around to welcome all the visitors. I was the first visitor to go to that route that day, so all the animals were still fresh. Some tigers even saw me like I was a walking fresh food, luckily there were tigers along the way. 
And this one is how the outdoor looks. Yup, fresh, clean, just great enough to let you walk on it, sadly the weather is hot, much hotter than Bandung. So it makes you sweating a lot.
 And this one, you will find this enormous building with two elephant bodyguards at the entrance of the 2nd Jatim Park. The elephants remind me about my High School's biology teacher to be honest. I would be pressed by her if she read this. You can see there's some kind of caves on the right side of this photo, that is the Hotel. It has no air conditioner in its room, I have no idea how they can stand it, I mean it's hot there and if I were them, I would feel distracted sweating while sleeping. The owner of this place is really creative. He/she knows how to keep their customers' money in circle. They provide hotel, restaurants and entertainments for their customers, some sort of draining their customers' money to be honest, but I'd do the same thing if I were them.
 And the last one, this is the useful map of 2nd Jatim Park, the Batu Secret Zoo sessions. Confused? Me too, at the beginning when I looked at this map, I feel like I was gonna go there and there and there. Just no direction, everything just seemed so fun and worth the try. Lucky they made it one way route, so you can only go through the Batu Secret Zoo via that one and only way. Same thing happened when I went to Disney Land and Universal Studio, no direction and I wanted to try everything, and they did not make this type of one and only route, so I blindly go and try everything there. It was not tiring at all when you walk around Disney Land, Universal Studio or Batu Secret Zoo, but you wouldn't wanna walk after you have arrived at the hotel, believe me. You'd feel like there are 20 kilos stone on your foot. The only thing I question even until today is, what is actually the use of this map then? If there is only one and only way to get through the zoo, it's impossible for you to get lost. If you get lost, just simply follow the route or go back, then you'll find the entrance or the exit. Right?

3. Eco Green Park

Eco Green Park is some kind of little forest with some museums and bird parks in it. It's exciting because they have so many birds in there, and they can all adapt with their new living place. At the entrance, you can choose either you want to go straight to the large bird park, or go inside the Museum of Insects. Because life is a choice, so I chose to go to the museum first, and I guess I made the right choice. If you don't go to the museum, it's not worthy to pay 125k Rupiahs, because you miss at least one entertainment, yup the museum. 
I literally saw the graveyard of Butterflies, those are real butterflies' bodies. No wonder some of its species are close to extinction nowadays. I mean, why not keeping them alive, let them live inside the museum. That way, they can still grow another populations and they won't be extinct. 
That's the restaurant at the end of Eco Green Park. It was a long long way until you finally find the exit. I think the owner or whoever designed the restaurant, inspired by Farmhouse at Lembang, Bandung. It looks very similar to it. I did not try the food due to low battery level and I couldn't help not to go back to the car and fetch my portable charger. 

And that one, is a statue that you'll find at the entrance and before the exit. The one shown in the picture is a robot made by old cellphones. Creative, really. The others are made by recycled steels, recycled TVs and recycled tires. Just like its name, Eco Green. Oh and for information, they offer you electric bikes to be rent, in case you feel tired walking along the way. You need to pay another 100k Rupiahs for 3 hours of rent if you want to rent one of the electric bike. I didn't rent it, since I am a low budget kinda person, and I didn't feel tired at all, and most importantly, who would spend more than 3 hours in that park? Seriously, it only took me 1 hour to walk and enjoy things and another 30 minutes to take photos along the way and go to the toilet and all the interruptions, so in total I spent 1.5 hours in Eco Green Park. That would be 50k Rupiahs if only I rented one of the bike. I could use the other 50k for foods or my car's fuel.

So those are all the information I can give you. However all the photos are much cooler if you see it yourself in real life. I am not promoting, just giving you knowledge and sharing my experiences. For 2nd Jatim Park, you should really pay me for posting this post. Because after this there's gonna be a huge wave of tourists from other countries visiting there. :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment