Translate

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Herbal Medicine to Treat Cough


Cough is the most disturbing illness for me. You can't talk, and it can lead to sore throat, and then sore throat can lead to either fever or flu. So here are some herbal medicine that can be very helpful and useful to treat cough.

1. Betel Leaf (Daun Sirih)


source: dyahratih.blogspot.com


Simply boil the Betel Leaf in hot water for 15-20 minutes, then leave it cool. After that, you can drink it directly or, if you want, you can add a little sugar in it. But remember, just a little! Betel Leaf water tastes like pepper mint with a different smell, so it tastes mint and cool when you drink it. I don't know about you, but when I drink it all at once, even when I have added a little sugar to it, I still get my eyes watery. I suggest you not to do that, just drink it little by little and feel it go through your throat. You can drink the water 3x a day for a maximum result. Usually the cough gone after 2 or 3 days of drinking this water.

2. Honey + Lemon/Lime

source: lemonmastercleanse.com

This one is nice to be drunk, it tastes sweet and sour with that honey lemon smell. But it takes longer for you to get rid of your cough if you drink this potion. But if you don't mind with that, and you can't stand any other bitter potion, then this is the one. You cough will be cured around 5 days of drinking this potion, 3x a day. Oh and don't forget to add some warm water to this potion, stir it well and then drink it. This potion can also be used to treat sore throat.

3. Sweet Soy Sauce + lemon/lime
source: nutritionistheprescription.wordpress.com

This one is quite effective as well for me, usually by drinking this potion 3x a day I can get the result the next day. It took me 2 days to get rid of my cough that time by drinking this potion. I recommend you not to drink straightly after taking this potion. Let it stick on your throat for a second, I don't know how about you, but usually I feel like my throat is burning after drinking this potion, but that's how it works. If you need a fast treatment, and you can stand with how it tastes - believe me it tastes worse than it looks - then this potion is good for you. This potion can also be used to treat sore throat.

4. Honey + Ice Water
source: romagnainformazioni.com

I repeat, ice water or cold water, not warm water or hot water. If you don't have ice water, you can use ice cubes to make it cold, or you can store this potion a while in the refrigerator before you drink it. I don't know why cold water, but it works real fast. You only need to drink this potion once a day, and at NIGHT right before you go to sleep. Don't drink plain water afterwards if you want the maximum result. It works faster than you think no matter how hard your cough is. It usually takes me only 1 day or 2 days (if my cough is really bad) to get rid of. If you have stomach disorder/heartburn (Sakit Maag), I highly not recommend this one.

So those are 4 herbal medicines that I found really effective to get rid of cough. Remember to drink one of them after you eat. Except for the last one, it has to be consumed right before you go to sleep. Hopefully this article useful for those who needs it and for those who doesn't. Please do spread this article to others if you have tried it yourself and it works well on you. Get well soon for those who are suffering from cough....


No comments:

Post a Comment